Monday, October 5, 2009

Samsung PN50B860 Great TV.

This TV is utterly beautiful.... that really is all I need to say but I will continue.

First off, if you want a large TV to hang on a wall, this is a great choice as it is only 55 pounds or so for a plasma and only about an inch thick. However, going past that, the picture quality is beautiful, with rich colors and high contrast. It is very bright but with no washout. I bought this at a best buy and was blown away at the comparison between this tv and Samsung LEDs and the 240hz LCDs, all running HD movies.

I've watched 2001 on this TV and it brought the initial fears back that the film gave me. I've played Wii, PS3, and XBOX on it and all look fantastic. Even regular cable tv looks quite fine without the "blown out" view that my father's 65" Mitsubishi CRT gives.

It also has some interesting interactive features, such it shows you cooking recipes and then has pictorial step-by-step directions... as a avid chef, they are actually quite good recipes.

The TV itself, for its size, is quite minimalistic. The clear edge is actually quite nice as it reflects light and distracts from any light off the actual screen. They claim this has the red touch of color, but I cannot tell at all..... That being said, the TV has almost no issues with glare... I have it sitting right next to a bay window and you can almost always see everything clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment